Monday, March 29, 2010

Great News!

Dear Jana,

Thanks so much for sending your manuscript Cherry Blossoms Bloom in March to me. I love your use of imagery and language, and the way you organized the poems was lovely.

At this time, I regret that I cannot accept your entire manuscript for publication, as I am only publishing anthologies of work by young writers. I would however love to publish your poems "Letting Go" and "Unmask" in the first Write On! Books anthology. More than fifty writers from all across the United States and even other countries including Canada, Singapore, New Zealand are having their work featured in the book, so I am expecting distribution to not just be limited to the U.S. but in fact to be worldwide, guaranteeing fantastic exposure for our young writers. I am also thrilled that acclaimed 23-year-old writer Jessica Burkhart, author of the popular YA series Canterwood Crest with Simon & Schuster, is writing a foreword to the book.
 
Best wishes,
 
Dallas Woodburn
Write On! Books
author, speaker, freelance writer
founder of "Write On! For Literacy"

No comments:

Post a Comment